Wednesday, October 14, 2009

4 projects $10 and under!

Here is my console table that was a light wood (when I first got married I really liked light wood-but now I prefer a darker more sophisticated wood-or black) Can you believe how cluttered it was? Well I painted that black (using some outdoor Behr black paint that we had) to coordinate with the china cabinet and bench and decluttered it to make it simple and stand out more. I really like the topiaries on the table. I just spray painted the knobs silver and added the candles and holders that I already had just sitting in a closet. I am starting to remove some picture frames around the house-I think I had too many up!




I bought this bucket at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $4! I have been looking for something to hold the toys in the family room-and while the blue would work nicely in my son's room-not so much in the family room. So first I spray painted it a dark bronze but I didn't like it so I went with a espresso brown-much better! I recently decluttered my fireplace mantle-I wish I had my before pics-it had a huge Monet picture on it with about 6 silver picture frames and the candlesticks that are still up there. What do you all think? Any suggestions for it now? I want to paint the brassy part of the fireplace to an oil rubbed bronze finish--I don't think I have any readers yet :-)--I wanted to at least have a few entries before I share with others-- but am looking for an oil rubbed bronze finish that people like to do the door hardware and this with.





I took a Dollar Tree serving tray and spray painted it with chalkboard paint and hung it in the garage to welcome guests-most of our friends come in this way and I want to make it more inviting--still have a long way to go! But not bad for $1. (I forget which blog I saw this on to credit the person)


.


And finally for the day I did the monogrammed wreath that I saw over at http://www.yourcoolfriendcheryl.blogspot.com/2009/10/mossy-monogram-wreath.htmlryl.blogspot.com/2009/10/mossy-monogram-wreath.html. The monogram was purchased for 50% off at Hobby Lobby for $5 and the moss (I only actually needed one bag was bought for $2 (also got 50% off)--my rule never buy things full priced at Hobby Lobby or Kohls--they both always have such great sales! I just used my trusty glue gun and only suffered a few minimal burns! I gluegunned the ribbon to the back of the letter that way I can change it out. I might be moving this to the garage door and put back my original wreath. Not sure yet-but I am happy with how it turned out. FYI-if you get Super Moss like I did-I would put a disposable tablecloth or paper bags under-because it does get messy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Kim! I'm proud of you. I know your mom will be able to guide you along the way. Me too for simple things. This will bring you enjoyment and pride; it always has me.

    ReplyDelete