Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween meal

I had my parents and good friends over for dinner Halloween night and I tried out a couple new dishes-no pictures but thought I would share-I wanted it to be Halloweenish so I made a pumpkin sausage pasta from Rachel Ray-I followed the recipe exactly-and it was really really good. I thought it sounded unusual to put it kindly and my mom even asked what to bring and I told her a backup-in case it was gross. Thankfully we didn't need it! So here is the link to that http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/pasta-with-pumpkin-and-sausage-recipe/index.html. I accompanied it with salad and bread and for dessert I made Snicker Cupcakes which I saw on the blogging world somewhere but with no recipe so I made my own-just a box of chocolate cake mix and I put a mini size snicker in the middle-baked according to package. Then frosted with chocolate frosting, drizzled some caramel and chopped some frozen Snickers to the topping! They were yummy-however the Snickers did sink to the bottom! Anyways, just wanted to pass on a good recipe! I will be making this again for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kim,
    It's so nice to meet you! Thank you very much for entering my giveaway and for following along as well. I really appreciate your kindness my friend.

    Your blog is wonderful and I'll be back again to visit soon.

    Many Blessings and Happy Fall!
    ~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete